• "Photography is an immediate reaction, drawing is a meditation." - Henri Cartier-Bresson

    Out and About: Olympic Torch Relay


    It was a staggering 31c today. After weeks and week of rain and grey skies, it seems the heavens have taken a break for a few days. After a long day at work, I rushed home in order to get a glance of the Olympic torch. I was lucky enough that the torch was passing not too far from where I live, so I figured, it's a once in a lifetime chance to join in on the fun (as I don't have any tickets to watch the Olympics).

    In the sweltering heat, I managed to take some photos and here they are:



    I'm not a huge fan of having Coca Cola as one of the major Olympic sponsors as they're not very healthy and the whole theme of the London games is to promote sport and fitness. I am, however, well aware that they are a major sponsor for a reason. Money. Money makes the Olympics, and Coca Cola has LOTS of it.
    Anyway, I really liked the design of the Coca Cola coach, it's really innovative and eye catching. Props to the design team.


    Sadly, this was the only 'decent' photo I could take of the torch. (Who'd have thought it was difficult to take a clear photo when walking?) Oh well. It was nice seeing the torch for about 30 seconds. But I wasn't really there to see the torch. I mainly when to have the experience (which I am so grateful for). 

    Also, did you know that the 2012 Olympic Torch is made up of 8,000 holes to represent the 8,000 torch bearers? Cool, huh? It's nice to see that some thought was put into it.



    Like this? Why not tell a friend:

     
    All photographs are my own unless images are followed by a link to their source. All my photographs are copyrighted (c) 2012.

    Archive

    Want to connect?

    Find me here: Facebook | Twitter | DeviantArt | Pinterest | Google+